Our three clear expectations of our school are that, every day and in every lesson, we demonstrate that we are:
Ready Respectful Safe
Being Ready: We expect ourselves to be ready for school and the lessons ahead. This means that we should:
- Be in correct uniform and have the correct equipment for lessons.
- Have the best possible attendance, arriving punctually to every lesson and settling ourselves quickly.
- Complete all home learning to the best of our ability so that we are fully prepared for our next lesson.
Being Respectful: We show respect to every member of the community, including ourselves, and:
- Follow the instructions of all adults, in the school, without exception, using respectful language at all times.
- Make a positive contribution to every lesson and avoid disrupting the learning and progress of others
- Treat everyone in the way that we expect to be treated, using appropriate language
Being Safe: We make sure that Oakbank remains a safe and positive environment for everyone regardless of race, gender, sexuality, faith or skin colour. This means that:
- We never use physical contact (either as play or intentional) and are aware of the safety of others.
- We do not accept racist, homophobic, sexist or derogatory language when talking about ourselves or others.
- We report anything that we feel risks the safety or wellbeing of others and ourselves.
By embodying these three virtues, we ensure that Oakbank is a school where all students feel safe and respected by being ready to be the best that they can be.